CrazyBoards.org

;)   :)

Besides being addicted to/controlled by Klonopin, I think I've developed an addiction to starving myself. I go all day without eating. For weeks. If I eat I feel so sick, I just lie there in pain. It feels good to me to not need food. To be free of food. I've lost 30lbs in under 2 months. I'm loving the way I look. It is a terrible addiction that could lead to an all-out eating disorder.

Is anyone else (except those on the ED board, where I've already posted) addicted to the behavior of not eating? Am I alone?

I used to. (now I *just* occasionally miss lunches a couple of times a week.) For me its about showing how I feel emotionally deprived and that child inside me that lacked love and nurturing growing up. I *proved* I could survive.....just.....its kind of repetition compulsion thing.... *sigh*

But, yeah, its not good for you. And it sounds to me like you are already in ED territory....

I looked up Anorexexia NOS and that's me. I'm *still* within *normal* weight for my height, 5'4 and 120 (or below, i'm not sure, i stopped weighing myself) and dropped 30lbs in 2 months. i don't eat and continue to drop weight. i still get my period and am not below my *normal* weight, but something isn't right. i can't seem to make myself eat. i'm deathly afraid i'll be fat. i like the praise i get for losing weight. i feel trapped in it. i don't need another disorder to complicate my life! i'm already bp1 and suspect add.

maybe its part of the PTSD? the trying to control something? wanting praise and reassurance that you can achieve something, praise you missed out on as a child, maybe?

I know some of my ED NOS type things stem from emotional traumas around the meal table...

Why not just be NOS? ;)

nestling,

I am a BIG NOS!!! My DXes are f'ed in the a. It could very well be the PTSD or agitation from BP. It is true that I want to be my best, I want to be praised. It is an addiction- like my physical addiction to Klonopin right now. I feel like a puppet.

Archived