CrazyBoards.org

I am not sure where to post this.  I have had a ridiculous number of health problems in the last three years.

Fortunately my Bipolar has remained relatively stable.  I also have inflammatory arthritis and have dealt

with chronic pain for over 25 years.  But 2017 and 2019 have been a bitch.  A fucking bitch.  

I am just going to list off what has happened because I need to get it off my chest.

Starting in 2017 my left knee went totally bad, so I had a knee replacement including 10 days in rehab/assisted living.

Then I had a lump in my breast, several painful biopsies ending in a lumpectomy which was benign.

NEXT I was spotting a little and it was cancer.  Uterine cancer stage one.  So I had a total hysterectomy.

I worked and kept on with my life.

2018 I was our 20th wedding anniversary.  We saved our money and went to a timeshare in Cancun

and swam with the dolphins.  One of the highlights of my life.

2019 my shoulder gave out from arthritis and I was in constant pain.

I had a shoulder replacement.  During the shoulder replacement the doctor BROKE my left arm, the humerus.

Consequently during the shoulder replacement there was an emergency surgery to place a 7 inch rod and screws

in my left arm.  This resulted in a very difficult healing process with a broken arm and a shoulder replacement.

My doctor sent me home from the hospital a day early.  My husband was taking care of me as best he could.

About a week after the surgery I got confused and felt poorly.  Was trembling.  I was afraid it was lithium toxicity.

Trip to ER, diagnosed with a urinary tract infection.  They gave me IV antibiotics and sent me home.

The next day I stopped eating and speaking.  Now, talking and eating are favorite activities.  I was confused.

Back to the ER and the doctor was an asshole. Yelled at my husband and told him he wasn't taking good care of me.

Transgester took me home, it was a Sunday night.  He videotaped my stupor and texted it to my p-doc.

p-doc had a connection with the neurology institute of a well respected hospital.

Third visit to the ER but this time at a speciality neurology hospital. I have NO memory of this.

I could not talk, not walk, I was  incontinent.  I could not function.

They admitted me and I am told they ran dozens of tests including a spinal tap.

My EEG showed low braiin function of 40%.  I was admitted and I spent 13 days in acute care.

I did not come out of the delirium until 6 days in. For 6 days I was in bed, in diapers, and they took

me off all meds cold turkey.  My diagnosis was Acute Encephalopathy.

I had nightmares that they were trying to kill me.  Night terrors.

I gradually came around. The characters from my night mares were the kind and professional nurses.

I had to relearn how to walk.  I did plenty of speech therapy.  I could not go to the bathroom without help.

After 13 days in the acute care hospital I was released to a rehab/assisted living facility.

Spent 13 days working on walking, occupational therapy and speech therapy.  Found a simple book to read.

I was almost the youngest person there.

Why I was in the hospital my husband, who is already disabled, he fell and got a severe concussion.

HE was in a different hospital.  

My dog was boarded at a dog kennel owned by my friend who is a animal behaviorist.  They took good care of him.

After 26 days I went home in a cabulance.  Neither one of us could drive.  

My mother, as a gift, gave us Home Health Aides.  We had an Aide four hours a day, three days a week.

They drove us to the doctor, the supermarket, did chores, walked my dog, and just helped us out.

Gradually we both recovered.  I saw my p-doc (who is also a neurologist) every month for six months.

I had to recover to go back to work and I had to recover so I would be well enough to walk my dog.

I had lots of home care Physical Therapy. 

My husband still has issues from the concussion.

So that was 2017 - 2019.

and now we are having a fucking pandemic???

I am so glad we got to Cancun and met the dolphins.

But I am tired of being unwell and I hate this fucking pandemic.

And after all this I will be DAMNED if I will die alone of pneumonia because of COVID-19

46 minutes ago, Banana Smurf said:

Holy shit, that's fucking awful.  I wish you and your husband better health.  

Thank you,  it has been awful.  And now a pandemic.  Incredible.

thanks for responding

I'm really sorry you've been through all of that, ladybug. Truly awful. And now this stuff. I wish I could send you back to Cancun to swim with the dolphins.

Just now, Unstrung Harp said:

I'm really sorry you've been through all of that, ladybug. Truly awful. And now this stuff. I wish I could send you back to Cancun to swim with the dolphins.

I would love to go back to Cancun, drink Mojitos and swim with the dolphin, actually I stood on a ledge and the dolphins came up to be petted.  We have great pictures with the dolphins who seemed to like people even though they are in captivity.

When I reread my post I can't believe I went through all that.  goodness gracious

thank you for posting to me

• Like 1

Good heavens, Ladybug. What an onslaught. I’m glad to see you again, but I’m sorry for the price.

Oh my bp...I am glad you've come through all of that.  Here's hoping a run of better health.

Swimming with the dolphins sounds like an incredible experience.

I'm glad you made it through all of that!  You certainly are resilient, and your body must be very strong to have withstood all the tribulations.  Here's  to saluting you in honor of all the good health you will enjoy in the future!  Touched by the soul of a beautiful animal and good fortune that you do have, may you continue on your journey of vitality!  🐬

Sorry to hear but glad you have persevered bplb.  And that you are determined to beat covid.

You brought back memories of snorkeling w/ my wife off Isla Mujeres.  A wave pushed her on a sharp reef and I had to help extricate her.  But overall a nice memory  

On 4/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, Will said:

You brought back memories of snorkeling w/ my wife off Isla Mujeres.  A wave pushed her on a sharp reef and I had to help extricate her.  But overall a nice memory  

We spent two days on Isla Mujeres.  So we took the ferry over and back with the locals four times.  We rode around in a golf cart, drank coconut water from coconuts sold by kids on the side of the road.  We spent time with the dolphins and visited a sea turtle institute where they breed turtles.  I hope your wife was not too cut up from the reef!  What a memory.  I bought some earrings and am pretty sure I got ripped off!!!  lol lol lol

Hope you have another tropical vacation Will, and us too.

Thank You for all your kind words and support.  I really needed to get it off my chest because to some extent I downplayed

the degree of my illness to my clients.  A lot of whom are friends.  I told a few but I most kept it brief.  Thank you for your kindness.

BPLadybug

8 hours ago, bpladybug said:

Hope you have another tropical vacation Will, and us too.

I hope there are better days ahead for all of us.  I'm very glad you're posting again, bplb.  I miss the regulars from years past, and can only hope they are safe and well.

I'm so sorry that you've had all of this, Ladybug. I hope there will be no more torments. You have had your share and, yes, draw a force field around yourself so that the corona virus does not reach you. 

17 minutes ago, ninetynine said:

I'm so sorry that you've had all of this, Ladybug. I hope there will be no more torments. You have had your share and, yes, draw a force field around yourself so that the corona virus does not reach you. 

Thank you ninety nine!  nice to talk to you again

51 minutes ago, Will said:

I hope there are better days ahead for all of us.  I'm very glad you're posting again, bplb.  I miss the regulars from years past, and can only hope they are safe and well.

Maybe more people will come back as this pandemic and quarantine situation is so stressful

not that I wish anyone an exacerbation of their mental illness

It has been beneficial to write this post and read the responses.  Thank  you for your support.

I think the slowness of everything - life, business, during Covid-19 is giving me extra time to

sleep and rest.  It is feeling beneficial for my recovery.  Because I still am recovering mentally and physically.

I did walk 1/2 mile today and last night I did my arm/shoulder PT.

Who ever reads this please have a safe day.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, bpladybug said:

...  I really needed to get it off my chest because to some extent I downplayed

the degree of my illness to my clients.  A lot of whom are friends.  I told a few but I most kept it brief.  Thank you for your kindness.

BPLadybug

That's an astonishing story and I'm sorry it happened to you and your husband.

In the last couple of years I've had some fairly major physical issues myself, along with the never-ending bipolar II, and I completely understand about giving friends the abbreviated version of what's been going on. In terms of physical issues, I assume they don't want to listen to all the gory details, and in terms of mental issues, I know I will never make them understand, so I don't bother, other than to tell them the very basics of my treatment. They are concerned that I'm keeping up with treatment, so it's nice to have that support. 

I hope you get to hang out with dolphins again soon!

On 4/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, Catnapper said:

That's an astonishing story and I'm sorry it happened to you and your husband.

In the last couple of years I've had some fairly major physical issues myself, along with the never-ending bipolar II, and I completely understand about giving friends the abbreviated version of what's been going on. In terms of physical issues, I assume they don't want to listen to all the gory details, and in terms of mental issues, I know I will never make them understand, so I don't bother, other than to tell them the very basics of my treatment. They are concerned that I'm keeping up with treatment, so it's nice to have that support. 

I hope you get to hang out with dolphins again soon!

thanks Capnapper

I hope you live in one of the southern states that is being cautious and paying attention

to the scientists!  Be safe!