CrazyBoards.org

Trip to the store!

What a world we live in now.  Just talking on the phone to a friend.  She has a broken washing machine

and has to go to the hardware store.

" Be careful.  Have a safe trip."  I said

Just the thought of going to the hardware store with it's enormous ailes and

potential for deadly germs....

I try to only go to the supermarket once  a week and I wear gloves and a mask.  Hate the masks because 

they are so hot.  Last time my husband made me wear a clear plastic jacket that he washed in the

washing machine when I got back.  

Normally I have a little touch of paranoia from my BP plus ruminating.

This pandemic is just aggravating those tendencies.

Stay safe!  Stay well!

• Like 1

These are scary times. It’s touched off contamination anxieties that I didn’t really have before. I wonder how we’re all going to feel when the quarantines are over. I imagine it will take quite a while to trust the outside world again, even when there is a vaccine. 

• Like 1

It's okay to feel paranoid. The reason is very real and the virus has hit the States so hard. Even here, it takes so much more effort to do simple things because of the increased rigmarole. (I am all for restrictions that will help contain the thing, but it can be frustrating.)

Take good care of yourself Ladybug. CB is here for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

Going out to the store has a contradictory effect on me. On the one hand, I'm completely paranoid about getting the coronavirus but on the other hand, it feels so good to be out of the house cooped up all day. 

so true, I like the drive through the neighborhood and walking outside

not relaxed in the store though

16 minutes ago, ninetynine said:

Take good care of yourself Ladybug. CB is here for you.

It is a relief to be back here!

• Like 1

I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow. I needed to go before all this started, I’ve needed to go since January, and I’ve been putting it off. The doc I’ve seen for years left the practice and I have to meet the new person.

I hate doctors. I hate being touched. I loved my chiropractor because he was just...lovely. I didn’t mind it when he held my head in his hands. Now I have to meet this new person, and I don’t want to go, the idea of being face-down on that table makes my skin crawl, but my neck has gotten so bad that the pain is there even in my sleep, and it’s all starting to mess with my mind.

I am not generally germaphobic. I’m surprised by how easily I’ve adapted to staying home. I thought it would be much harder. When I do have to go shopping, I don’t mind wearing a mask.

What I wonder about is how long it will take me to reacclimate to less inhibited social interactions. I’m not a particularly trusting person. As I said, I don’t like being touched. Having everyone have to stay well back suits me find.

But. A more pressing issue is whether or not I can bring myself to go to this appointment tomorrow. Where all those people have been, breathing into the face cradle of the table. 

13 hours ago, Gearhead said:

But. A more pressing issue is whether or not I can bring myself to go to this appointment tomorrow. Where all those people have been, breathing into the face cradle of the table. 

ok, that is totally creepy thinking of the other people breathing on the table, hopefully he will wipe it down with a disinfectant and put down paper.

and I hope he is nice, that you like him.  Good luck!