CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else just feel really good in spring/summer?

I don't mean manic. I mean like the weight has lifted off your shoulders, the depression has disappeared -- you feel light and happy, you have more energy and aren't sleeping as much, etc. Just really great. Happy and light and productive and.... so happy!

It's such a great feeling. I feel NORMAL. Is this how normal people feel? I don't know. 

I love winter, it feels cozy at first, but towards the end it starts to get my mood down a bit. I welcome spring and it seems to wake up my spirit after the constantly cloudy skies, the mud and muck, and the nonstop rain that is the Pacific Northwest in February. I really do feel a positive mood shift when the flowers come out and the weather is that perfect level of warm. 

I hate summer though. I am immediately over sun when the first heat wave hits.   

Edited by saintalto

It sounds to me like you're affected somewhat by the seasons - I've gotten the sense from various psychiatrists that that's not at all uncommon for people to be affected by the seasons like that. There's also a chance that it's a sub-syndromal hypomania.

Depending on exactly how happy you feel, I think it probably is how a lot of people feel who don't have Bipolar Disorder.

8 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I hate summer. July is always a hell month for me.

Same. I had to look it up when I realized that my depressive episodes have overwhelmingly been in the summer; definitely a person with reverse SAD. I know that part of it is that it's when I'm out-of-my-mind stressed with work. Wedding season + pastry chef = longgg hours, hard work, little sleep. Is there a definable reason for you, gearhead? 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:13 AM, saoirse said:

I don't mean manic. I mean like the weight has lifted off your shoulders, the depression has disappeared -- you feel light and happy, you have more energy and aren't sleeping as much, etc. Just really great. Happy and light and productive and.... so happy!

It's such a great feeling. I feel NORMAL. Is this how normal people feel? I don't know. 

I feel zippy in the spring or summer. It’s a pattern for me. I only realized this this year! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I feel zippy in the spring or summer. It’s a pattern for me. I only realized this this year! 

I feel a bit zippy too!! Not manic or anything, but definitely have a lot more energy and just... zippy. It's a great feeling.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, saoirse said:

I feel a bit zippy too!! Not manic or anything, but definitely have a lot more energy and just... zippy. It's a great feeling.

Great feelings always make me nervous. Keep an eye on that, my friend. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 7:30 AM, saoirse said:

Zippy would concern me personally.  Seems hypomanic for me.  My big question is sleep.

Are you sleeping?  Sleep is so important for bipolar people.

• 7 months later...

This is a comment on a dead thread! :) 

I'm down during late spring and all of the summer.

The fall is wonderful for me. And I love snow so i don't have any significant cycles during winter.