CrazyBoards.org
CrazyRedhead

Anybody's state/area starting to re-open?

Our state-wide stay at home order is lifted as of 5pm on Friday and shifting to a "safer at home policy guidance". Limiting reopening of most things--50% capacity for retail, personal care at appointment only, manufacturing, etc.  However, local jurisdictions can be more restrictive and mine is likely to be one that opts out of the reopening because we are the worst in the state.  Four counties account for 70% of the state's cases and we are the worst of them. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Our state-wide stay at home order is lifted as of 5pm on Friday and shifting to a "safer at home policy guidance". Limiting reopening of most things--50% capacity for retail, personal care at appointment only, manufacturing, etc.  However, local jurisdictions can be more restrictive and mine is likely to be one that opts out of the reopening because we are the worst in the state.  Four counties account for 70% of the state's cases and we are the worst of them. 

In most of my state, non-essential retail businesses will be allowed to open tomorrow (May 15) at 50% capacity...Salons and barber shops allowed also to open tomorrow at 50% capacity, by appt only.......Dine in restaurants will only be allowed to open their outdoor dining areas at 50% capacity tomorrow.....If a restaurant has no outdoor dining space, it must remain closed.....This is Phase 1 for us....Gyms and bowling alleys, movie theatres, indoor dining, still will be closed during Phase 1, which will last 2-4 weeks......Don't know any details yet about what Phase 2 and Phase 3 will look like.

However, the northernmost counties of my state, the hardest hit by far, will not enter Phase 1 for at least 2 more weeks......I live in the central area of my state, so some things will be reopening here tomorrow.............I already have booked a hair appointment for myself (the appointment will be in June).....I'm a little nervous about it, but I have been with this same stylist for more than 15 years, and I know she will do things by the book.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

we got the official word.  I knew it was coming, but it still hit hard.

Stay at home order extended through June 1st. Exceptions are going to the grocery store, picking up medication, checking in on a family member, or permitted out door activities like exercises.

Malls and retail stores remain closed--barbershop, beauty parlors, nail salons, and tattoo parlors included

bars, gyms, movie theaters, and other large entertainment and recreation ventures will remain closed.

no gatherings of over 10 permitted

dining in at restaurants prohibited

houses of worship should not resume indoor services but can continue offering virtual services

continue physical distancing and mask wearing.

My state is still stage 3 lockdown. But they softened it some. 

Previous 4 reasons to leave home were medical or caring for someone, exercise within your own neighbourhood, essential supplies, attend work/education if you can't work from home. 

This week they added visiting family up to 5 people. And extended exercise to allow travelling to national parks to hike etc. 

I went to the beach. 

IMG_20200513_122825.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Stay at home order extended through June 1st. Exceptions are going to the grocery store, picking up medication, checking in on a family member, or permitted out door activities like exercises.

Well, at least that is only a little over 2 weeks away.....Not too much longer.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

We’re doing a phased and regulated reopen starting next Monday, I think it’s Monday, but the state right next door is going whole hog. Bars and restaurants are packed. I’m sure the cross-border contamination is going to be delightful.

49 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

but the state right next door is going whole hog. Bars and restaurants are packed. I’m sure the cross-border contamination is going to be delightful.

Stay safe, Gear.

15 hours ago, DogMan said:

I went to the beach. 

IMG_20200513_122825.jpg

Thanks for the photo, @DogMan.  I appreciate the vicarious beach visit.  Being out in nature away from other people is one of my main coping mechanisms, and I've been feeling near suicidal the more spring progresses here where I am and I am not able to do that.  If you can be safe doing so, that's great. 

I think my state and surrounding states are being far too cavalier with the restrictions they're lifting.  I'm so scared of what might be ahead.

8 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Well, at least that is only a little over 2 weeks away.....Not too much longer.

True, hadn't thought of it that way.

I think the question will still be if it's enough.  It's the biggest cause of death in my country right now.

Our phases haves stages. We are in early phase 2. I get confused what is allowed.  Beaches are open, but I took my son and there were a lot of people. Too crowded for me.  There had been red tide that was bioluminescent and glowed in the evening but I guess it was gone by then.

dog grooming is allowed, people grooming-not yet.

different counties have different rules.

3 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Stay safe, Gear.

Thank you, I will. I will enforce my own safety protocols for as long as I feel they’re needed.

• Like 1

20x zoom of the pier. Contrast with where I was 5 minutes walk away. 

Sent these to local radio station. Hoping that they could explain to the public what it means to spread out. 

IMG_20200516_104547.jpg

IMG_20200516_104434.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Ours is so far extended until June 4. Is it weird that I feel relieved by this? The numbers are still bad, and I feel safer with the orders in place, even though it's hard.

There was a lockdown? Oh, right: folks in my county ignored it (mostly) except for ~5 days at the beginning. Otherwise, the traffic outside the house hasn't decreased (main state road). Had to go to pharmacy today (drive-thru pick-up) and drove past a church that was packed with folks not wearing masks. I feel sorry for folks needing more socialization than we do but at the expense of possibly becoming very ill/dying/acting as virus vector? There isn't enough Lysol to make us feel safe(r); the whole car, inside and out, needs to be decontaminated.

We are in Phase 1 reopening, though; still new cases every day. I'm not sure this is going to work well.

My area has more surgeries happening, with more things allowed June 1. I’m hoping for a safe haircut then. I hope this plan works out but the stages are complicated and subject to change. Honestly I’m at the point where I listen to the dates that affect me and try to put some of it out of my mind. 

I'm in Queensland (state), Australia. My kids go back to school today Monday 25th May. I don't watch the news, but from what I can tell, most of the clothing stores are reopening.  We are allowed 5 visitors, and a gathering of 10 people outdoors. We are allowed to travel (although our states borders remain closed)150km, as long as we "do not enter The Outback" :D 

Continuing stage 2 here. Dine in restaurants open and malls opening soon.  

Posted (edited)

We continue here at Phase 1--no dine-in allowed, only outdoor dining permitted at 50% capacity......gyms, bowling alleys, bars still closed, although liquor stores are open.....Beaches open only for exercising and fishing......Non-essential retail open at 50% capacity, barbers and salons open at 50% capacity........Don't know how long we will continue in Phase 1, because cases still continue to rise.....K-12 schools still closed until beginning of academic year this fall, at least......They are still debating about how to reopen the public schools safely.

Our Gov gives updates on the situation every Mon, Wed, and Friday......Word is that he is highly likely to make face masks mandatory when in public....I guess I'll find out more when he gives update today.......I hope he does make masks mandatory.....Although some people might not like it, I think it's safer to begin reopening with masks.

Edited by CrazyRedhead