CrazyBoards.org
CrazyRedhead

Anybody's state/area starting to re-open?

Posted (edited)

Our governor has done a good job in keeping things closed if nonessential. Essencial stores never closed but were limited to either 35% or 50% occupancy. My food mart is also my pharmacy but them delivered to your house from the get go. Monday barbers, beauty shops, tattoo shops, ect can open with limited occupancy. I'm getting my haircut to a 5 or 4 MM nub ASAP. With the exceptions of my Internist all my other docs were open in some form, many doing telemedicine. A lot of my doctors visits were conducted in the doc's parking lot over cell phone. 

I am very disappointed with my Internist and am looking for a new one. My current one left a note on the office door saying she was at risk being 65 and she had to pull her 95 year mother from the care facility as soon as COVID showed up in long term care facilities. She decided to "shelter in place" at home. There is no backup doctor and the voice mail is filled to its limit. She said if needs be she could do Zoom or Facetime for cases they must see the doctor. But she provided no e-mail addresses, skype accounts or Zoom accounts. She just went solo practice and she mentioned that the practice may close for good. The lease on the building must be high. She is refilling regular meds with a 90 day supply if the pharmacy will fax her and indicated this may go on more than 90 days.

The problem is I am having seizures and the neurologist thinks it is caused by hypoglycemia events during sleep. It turns out you will seize if glucose drops too low even if you are on anticonvulsants; anticonvulsants don't work for hypoglycemia So I need a 24 hour glucose monitoring lab test. With my Insurance the Internist is the only one who can request this test.I have developed "dense:cataracts" and they need to come out now. When I spoke to the opthamologists cataract business they were closing shop, hopefully to reopen in June I have an appointment scheduled. I could of done this preCovad need to start researching and see if her address is listed. layed because I was havingaving a lot of procedures at the time.Also someone is picking up the faxes so I will polish off a letter to her requesting she get this testing set up for me. 

Edited by notloki
left out some facts.

so today's national news is reporting up to a 25% increase in states that reopened early in addition to hospital capacity shortages.

anyone else hearing thing?

we're not hearing it here--my county goes to Phase 2 tomorrow (we're just about 1.5 weeks behind the rest of the state).  reportedly positivity numbers and hospitalization rates are both still going down . but I can for friends from other states.

On 5/31/2020 at 5:19 AM, DogMan said:

FB_IMG_1590918213999.jpg

That shape looks just enough like Texas to have confused the bejesus out of my tired mind for moment.

We are opening up bit by bit. My husband works in a very high-contact field, and was able, along with hair stylists and that ilk, to go back to work almost two weeks ago. Restaurants are open with bizarre and unenforceable restrictions. By law, one must wear a mask when in any public building. This is in my city. Each city is choosing their own mask regulations.

And I live in a city that has had mass protests, some of them violent. People jammed together gasping and choking and retching tear gas. Even the peaceful protests have drawn thousands, shoulder to shoulder, masked or not. It’s still going on.

Today marks day 88 since the stay at home order. I got a haircut last week, my stylist and I masked, only two people allowed in the salon at a time. I stopped to say hello to a friend on the way home, and we got closer than I’m comfortable with.

I am still living as though we’re under orders to stay at home. I don’t know what will have to happen for me to begin returning to my pre-COVID ways. The way I think has changed so profoundly that I don’t know where I go from here. 

Asked my coffee guy if business was picking up now.

He said that it never slowed down, people need coffee even in a pandemic. They are just back to seating people now. 

my state is re-closing

international arrivals go into mandatory 14 day quarantine

the mandatory 14 day quarantine was staffed by contractor security guards with little to no training

the contractor security guards with little to no training traded sexual favours for going to the store for treats etc

they got cooties

the cooties spread

now, i am home again :(

• Sad 1

The state I live in is considered "stable", with positive cases trending downward......We had no deaths from COVID yesterday at all....We are in Phase 3 of reopening.

However there are many states where COVID is surging upward again.........Some states have mask orders, which is good, I think.....My state has a mask order, but only if you go inside a public place.....I personally think we should be wearing masks  in outdoor public places, too.

I still don't understand the reluctance of some people to wear a mask in public places.....Masks aren't a political thing, they are a matter of public health......I'd like to see a federal mask order, but not much chance of that happening with the current administration.....**SIGH**

Edited by CrazyRedhead