CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
netsavy006

Iced Lattes

I'm looking into trying iced lattes.  I just want to make sure I order them right.  (so I have the best chance of enjoying them)

I know a few details that I know I'll want:

-- medium sized, hazelnut flavor, milk, whip cream --

Is there anything I'm forgetting/need to add?
Is there something I don't have to say because it is included by default?

I know it's a strange post, but I do thank you guys in advance for your replies.

It can be agonising ordering from a coffee shop. I like coffee but I have no fucking idea what most of the things on the menu are. Everyone else seems to know what a flat white is and it'd be embarrassing if I had to ask. I just stick with an americano.

Thanks for the information @Fluent In Silence

I forgot to mention in my OP is that I'd be getting it from a place like Dunkin Donuts.  (since that's the closest coffee place to me)

Sounds like it's a big thing. I can empathise with that. I might be misunderstanding where you're coming from and talking rubbish but I used to be a total recluse, and ordering an iced latte would've filled me with dread at one time. It's easy, and once you've done it you'll wonder what you were worried about. I get it though. Or I think I might get it maybe?

I'd like to make sure I say everything in the right way/right order so that it gets made the way I want it.

I love dunkin. I typically get a medium caramel iced coffee with extra cream and sugar. I haven't tried any lattes but have heard good things.

The first thing to sort out is whether or not you like flavorings like caramel or hazelnut or whatever.

15 hours ago, Gearhead said:

The first thing to sort out is whether or not you like flavorings like caramel or hazelnut or whatever.

That's why I mentioned hazelnut in my OP.  I like hazelnut.

22 hours ago, netsavy006 said:

I'm looking into trying iced lattes.  I just want to make sure I order them right.  (so I have the best chance of enjoying them)

I know a few details that I know I'll want:

-- medium sized, hazelnut flavor, milk, whip cream --

Is there anything I'm forgetting/need to add?
Is there something I don't have to say because it is included by default?

I know it's a strange post, but I do thank you guys in advance for your replies.

usually the milk is included by default in a latte, so you don't need to say it with a latte. So you could just say medium iced hazelnut latte with whipped cream. If you got a latte that didn't have an added flavor like hazelnut, you may want to specify sweetened if you like sweet, but a flavored one like hazelnut should be plenty sweet. I find ordering coffee out to be really intimidating sometimes too, because there are a bizarre number of choices to make. I hope you enjoy your iced latte 🙂

Edit to ask a Question.

I may have to ask Dunkin this question, but I thought maybe someone might know.

When it comes to getting the hazelnut,  do they put in the "shots" (unsweetened) or the "swirl" (sweetened).

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, netsavy006 said:

Edit to ask a Question.

I may have to ask Dunkin this question, but I thought maybe someone might know.

When it comes to getting the hazelnut,  do they put in the "shots" (unsweetened) or the "swirl" (sweetened).

Thanks in advance.

I think its more on the syrup-y side and makes the drink sweeter, but not 100 % on that