CrazyBoards.org

Sense of Impending Death

I keep feeling this sense that I am going to die very soon.  I don't really want to, and it kind of freaks and weirds me out.  I don't really know why it is happening, or if I am going to die very soon.  It is just very annoying and bothering me a lot.  I don't know if I should prepare for it, except that I don't have anything to give away.  

I have had this feeling during periods of extreme anxiety and mixed episodes.  It gets better when I can add on a calming med like seroquel, or sometimes it will pass with time.  But realize your brain can convince itself of all kinds of things when it's off-kilter, it can take a thought and blow it up into a reality even if it's not the case.  Unless you have a terminal illness that makes the impending death a statistical possibility, I would wonder if your mood state is causing the impending doom feeling.

I hope it doesn't seem like I am minimizing what you are going through, I believe it is a very real feeling.  What led me to wonder if your mood state was behind it was your other recent post about rapid cycling.  Maybe your brain is making life more difficult than normal, and if you can get that evened out it may get better?  

It feels real, but I took a Klonopin to try to calm down about it.  It still feels real, but I am not as freaked out about it.  I guess I will try to see when I can see my doctor in case it is my mood.  My mood is becoming a huge problem, so it might be causing other issues.  

1 hour ago, Banana Smurf said:

It feels real, but I took a Klonopin to try to calm down about it.  It still feels real, but I am not as freaked out about it.  I guess I will try to see when I can see my doctor in case it is my mood.  My mood is becoming a huge problem, so it might be causing other issues.  

I have had this feeling in the past. I get messages from the universe about death and I feel like I'm going to die soon at different times of my life. Messages Or not. It hasn't happened for a little while but it's scary IME and strange. I'm sorry you are having a similar feeling. I hope you feel better. 

5 hours ago, Banana Smurf said:

I keep feeling this sense that I am going to die very soon.  I don't really want to, and it kind of freaks and weirds me out.  I don't really know why it is happening, or if I am going to die very soon.  It is just very annoying and bothering me a lot.  I don't know if I should prepare for it, except that I don't have anything to give away.  

I know this can be a taletail sign of panic/panic disorder in some people 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Banana Smurf said:

well we are living in HUGELY stressful times and 80,000 U.S. citizens just did die in three months.  I have thoughts of death too, during this pandemic but also before as part of my BP1 and anxiety.  I try to remind myself that my brain is just catastrophizing.  

I sometimes get feelings of doom, death, or fear itself (hyperfear) post seizure. Not all three, usually a specific one for a single seizure. Since benzos are anticonvulsants they are perfect to take, for me, to calm myself and prevent another seizure. Benzos quickly stop these kind of feelings, for me.